Wednesday, March 21, 2012

To the Vet...a Prelude to Birthday Madness

Welcome to Spring!!  It is that magical time of year when we shower Cedar and Bristol with even more love, more cuddles,
and more presents and treats than usual. 

It's BIRTHDAY WEEK!

Because we can only estimate Bristol the cat's birth date, we assume it's around this time of year, and usually try to extend the celebration and treats to canine and feline alike.  Apparently, all Cedar wants for her birthday is a subscription to "Fitness" magazine. 

Done and done.
 
Now Cedar, I want to see sexy, toned abs in no time.

Coincidentally, this is also the time of year when we take the critters for their annual vet visits.  Cedar is such a trooper when it comes to the vet.  She never whines, never seems to even flinch when she gets her shots.  Before you go on about how heroic she is, keep in mind that shots are always preceded by a glorious R-I-D-E to the vet and the ever-exciting entrance to the vet's office  (more explanation on the spelling of verbs later).  When she's finished, she gets T-R-E-A-T-S at the reception desk.  By the end of the visit, the only one in pain is me,
as a pull out my checkbook.  Ouch.

On our way to the vet. Clearly, I am the only one who is phased by this trip.

Because she is normally a very lively and talkative soul, I have to believe that Bristol is locked in silence and sheer terror as we race down the highway to that place of doom known as the vet.  Bristol hasn't been back since she's been spayed. After an overnight stay, poor kitty was reaching through the carrier to grab at my hands as if to say, "Don't you leave me here with these people!"  While I can shower her with treats and love just like I do with Cedar, I feel that a cat can hold a grudge for a long time. 
For example, I tried packing for a trip a couple of weeks ago, and this is what I got:


Stop glaring at me, gato.


But enough about the vet's office. 

It's BIRTHDAY WEEK! 

Cedar was born March 24, 2008, so that makes her the big 4 this year.  To celebrate, we are going to meet some human and canine friends at a local dog park for for some shenanigans, unbridled behavior, and general tomfoolery.
Oh, and the dogs will probably have a good time, too. 

Along with annual vet visits, another b-day tradition is the inexplicably sad birthday hat picture.  Here is an example of years past:


It's your birthday, Cedar.  Pull yourself together.


I am confident that this weekend's birthday fun will completely erase recollection of any
so-called medical experiences that we may encounter today. Until I get my bank statement.
But just in case, we'll have plenty of T-R-E-A-T-S on hand. And wine. Lots of wine.


1 comment:

  1. So, did your cat have to travel to the vet via hamper like another I know? (Give me my carrier back, give me my carrier back, you *****!)

    I'll never forget when baby Cedar met baby Sawyer. I can't believe they will both be 4!

    ReplyDelete