Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Here We Are

Hello, and welcome to you!  This is "our" blog about our home, our family, and possibly some tasty vegan recipes if you're lucky!  I use the term "our" loosely, as I am the only one actually working on this thing.  Our little family consists of Courtney (that's me!), Justin (playing the role of "the husband"), Cedar (the chocolate lab), and Bristol (the rescued outdoor kitty).  Justin and I were married in September, 2011, and currently enjoy newlywed bliss. 
Or something like that. 


The title of this little corner of the world comes from my belief that animals can and should be the heart and soul of a home, and as a result of such faith in them, we have an endless amount of anecdotes and good times to share.  And a lot of that fluffy white stuffing from the inside of so-called "dog toys".  That issue will be discussed in later posts.


We came to find little Cedar in May of 2008.  Right before Mother's Day, in fact.  She was the saddest, sweetest little pup I'd ever seen.  She got over that pretty quickly.


Very, very quickly.
She's still sweet.  Sad?  Only when the food runs out.

Cedar's partner in crime came along a few years later, after the two fell in love on our deck in the fall of 2010.  Bristol, as she was quickly named, was a rough-and-tumble outside kitty from the wrong side of the tracks who appeared in our back yard.  She and Cedar got along so well that we simply had to bring her in to our home!  And by "we", I mean me.



As you can see, the two are almost inseparable.
In all the years that I have had various pets, I have never seen a cat and dog spoon eachother in such a fashion.  The perks of having a cat friend also include frequent scrapey-tongued baths, in case you're wondering.

So, welcome to Nice Brown Dog.  Home to a hodge-podge of stories, a few recipes, and, of course, a very nice, brown dog.  Woof.

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad that Bristol was left out of the title of this blog, I mean- what are you saying? You love Cedar more?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, "Insane Striped Cat" doesn't quite roll off the tongue and isn't as inviting, but you can be sure that you'll see plenty from dear Bristol!

      Delete